Michael Pollan, esteemed writer and noble defender of the dinner table, has been a leading crusader for real food, most recently in favor of GMO-labeling and against California’s Prop 37. He is undeniably right, but we should be wary of demonizing all science surrounding nutrition in the publics’ eye. In his book,In Defense of Food, he asserts that nutrition research is “reductionist science” investigating only the singularly existing nutrients of food, rather than the food as a whole. His thesis is that by examining only the component nutrients of food, we lose the value and trust in the whole food itself.
- COVID-19 UPDATE
- About Regenerative Injection Therapy (Regenerative Medicine)
- Using Proper Nutrition to Heal your Body
- Spring back into exercise…carefully — 6 injury prevention tips
- Why You Should Choose A Naturopathic Primary Care Doctor
- Holistic care for heart disease
- Top 5 Things You Should Do To Prepare For Allergy Season
- A genetically altered apple a day . . .