The use of bio-oxidative therapies is fast becoming a powerful adjunct to natural healing methods. Activated oxygen, as found in peroxide (H2O2) and ozone (O3), is a powerful “oxidant”. Cells get their energy from cellular respiration which is dependent on the presence of oxygen. Cancer cells receive energy from a fermentation process, which requires no oxygen. When the cancer cell is surrounded by a high oxygen environment, studies show the oxygen may inhibit further growth in some types of cancer cells.
Viruses also can’t function well in a high oxygen environment. Activated oxygen in the bloodstream also causes lipid peroxidation, which seems to help in the reduction of serum cholesterol and triglycerides, so it is helpful for cardiovascular disease as well.
We also know that it stimulates cell receptor sites in white blood cells, so that it can play a key role in stimulating the immune system. It stimulates lymphokines and cytokines from lymphocytes and monocytes as well as Tumor Necrosing Factor, Interferon and Interleukin production, all of which are the body’s natural chemical defenses to infectious microbes and carcinogens.
Activated oxygen is catabolic and does the following:
- It stimulates white blood cell production
- It is bactericidal, virucidal and fungicidal
- It increases oxygen delivery to the cells
- It may help to inhibit the growth of some cancers
- It enables the red blood cells to flow through clogged blood vessels
- It increase the production of interferon, interleukin-2 and tumor necrosis factor which help fight infection and cancer growth
- It helps anti-oxidants to rid the body of too many free radicals
- It helps the body degrade toxic chemicals
- It is helps the Kreb’s cycle (citric acid cycle) function at its optimum which creates energy from carbohydrates, protein and fat metabolism
- It produces a general wellness in sick patients by increasing the oxygen tension in the body tissues
Bio-Oxidative Therapies are Used in These Conditions
- Cardiovascular Disease: irregular heartbeat, angina, stroke, memory issues, Raynaud’s and other circulatory imbalances, gangrene, vascular and tension headaches
- Infectious Diseases: Acute and chronic viral, fungal and bacterial infections, Epstein Barr Virus, herpes simplex and zoster, hepatitis, HIV, candida infection, EBV, CMV, parasitic infections
- Pulmonary diseases: Asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, mycoplasma pneumonia, COPD
- Immune Illnesses: Diabetes, hypersensitivity reactions, MS, arthritis
- Other illnesses: Alzheimer’s, Cancers (especially blood/lymph cancers), chronic pain, migraines, Lyme’s disease, Bell’s palsy, arthritis, colitis, chronic wounds, peripheral nerve regeneration
WE OFFER SEVERAL METHODS OF BIO-OXIDATIVE THERAPIES
Major Auto Hemotherapy (MAH) – MAH, or Ozone Therapy, is a treatment that involves temporarily removing between 100-250 milliliters of blood from the patient, infusing it with medical grade ozone, and then slowly reintroducing the highly oxygenated blood back in. One thing you will notice is that the blood turns bright red once the ozone is added. This is oxygenation working before our eyes. The patient will most likely feel an immediate boost in vitality after the treatment, which can take between 1-2 hours.
IV Hydrogen Peroxide – The most important physiologic or “natural” substance causing oxidation in the human body is hydrogen peroxide. Although it is naturally made in the body, hydrogen peroxide is considered a drug when used in Bio-Oxidative Therapy. Hydrogen peroxide is administered as a very weak concentration of medical grade peroxide added to a normal saline solution. The hydrogen peroxide is then slowly infused into a vein in the arm. It is painless except for a very small needle prick. Treatments are given daily for acute illnesses such as the flu, or weekly for all other chronic medical conditions.
UVB Blood Irradiation – Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation involves removing about 150-200 cc of blood (about the amount in a typical glass of water) and passing the blood through a quartz cuvette where it is exposed to ultraviolet light and returned to the bloodstream. The ultraviolet light used is the same wavelength produced by sunlight.
OTHER IV THERAPIES
High dose IV Vitamin C – When given intravenously, high levels of vitamin C in the blood generate the production of hydrogen peroxide and thus have an oxidative effective as mentioned above. High dose Vitamin C is often used adjunctively to help fight cancer cells.